Cajun Ribeye Steak Recipe
With this cajun ribeye steak recipe, you may add some cajun flavor to your life!
I take a couple of well-marbled ribeye steaks and sprinkle them with olive oil. Each steak is liberally seasoned with my King Craw cajun spice before resting for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to penetrate the flesh.
While the steaks rested, I preheated my Weber kettle barbecue with a pair of grill grates for searing. I also prepared a fast “Bayou Butter” to serve on top of these steaks at the conclusion of the cooking process. The butter is made with stone ground mustard, additional King Craw Cajun spice, dried parsley, and a melted stick of butter. When it’s all mixed together, I just wrap it in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator to firm up.
When the grill is ready, both steaks are placed on the hot grill grates. For searing, the surface temperature should be around 550°F. To get excellent grill markings, cook each steak for 90 seconds and then rotate 90°. Cook for a further 90 seconds before flipping each steak. For a flawlessly cooked medium rare ribeye, repeat the cooking process on the back side. If you want your steak a bit more done, increase the cooking time by 30 seconds each time, and it will come out medium. (Please don’t cook a ribeye past medium!)
Right before serving, top each steak with a pat of Bayou Butter. As the steak finishes cooking, the butter will melt over it.
Remove the steaks from the grill and let them aside for 5 to 7 minutes before serving. Place another piece of butter beneath each steak as it rests to produce a pan-dipping sauce. It’s delicious when the butter melts and combines with the juices from the steaks!
Cajun Ribeye Steak will put some spice in your life!
- 1 stick Butter – softened at room temp
- 1 Tablespoon Creole or Stone Ground Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Malcom’s King Craw Cajun Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried Parsley Flakes
- Combine butter, mustard, Cajun seasoning and parsley in a bowl. Spread onto plastic wrap and form into a log shape wrapping the plastic wrap tight. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Drizzle olive oil over the ribeyes.
- Season generously with Cajun seasoning and let aside for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Use grill grates to prepare a charcoal grill for searing at 550 degrees.
- Place each steak on the grill for 1 minute 30 seconds.
- Turn the steak 90 degrees to a different location on the grill and cook for another 90 seconds.
- Flip the steaks over and continue the process.
- Place a pat of Bayou Butter on each steak for the final 90 seconds after the last 90-degree rotation.
- The steaks should be around 125°F internally at this stage. Remove off the grill and set aside for 5-7 minutes before slicing.